Thursday, September 24, 2009

Chicken Chalupas*

*This is what my mom called it..but mostly it's just a white sauce enchilada

step 1-
cook and shred 3 cups chicken
*I like to boil the chicken and then stick the cooked chicken in my kitchenaid with the flat beater for a minute, it shreds it perfectly! This can also be done with a regular set of beaters)

step 2-
heat in saucepan:
2 cans cream of chicken soup
1 pint sour cream (160z)
1 cup milk
4 oz diced green chiles (can be omitted)
1 diced onion
1 1/2 cups monteray jack
(some people like it with a can of sliced olives, but I am not one of those people :)

step 3-set aside 2 cups

step 4-add 3 cups shredded chicken to remaining sauce in pan

step 5-spread 1/2 cup of set aside sauce on bottom of the pan

step 6-
fill ten torillas and lay in pan with the fold down

step 7-
cover tortillas with remaining sauce and 1 cup cheddar

step 8-
bake 350° for 35-45 minutes


**
if you have extra filling or if you want to stretch your meal you can make an additional pan, either a square pan or pie pan. When I use a pie pan I just make a layer of sauce, tortilla, filling, tortilla, filling, tortilla, sauce, cheese...instead of of making individual chalupas. I like to freeze this one and use it later in the week or give away.

No comments:

Post a Comment